If you’re frustrated with your weight loss failures, then HCG may be perfect for your weight loss success.
HCG is often very helpful for certain women who are trying to lose weight. Much of this benefit stems from HCG and its ability to help regulate estrogen and progesterone levels.
The imbalance of estrogen to progesterone may be responsible, at least in part, for weight gain in certain areas of the body (think breasts, butt, thighs and so on). This distribution of fat differs from other hormone imbalances such as insulin resistance which tends to promote weight gain in the abdomen.
The problem with fat mediated by estrogen and progesterone is that it can be very difficult to treat and typically doesn’t respond to conventional exercise and diet routines. Even if these women tend to lose weight, if they don’t improve their estrogen/progesterone balance they may end up with an abnormal fat distribution such as very little fat on the abdomen but excess fat on the arms/thighs and so on.
Women who fit this category may benefit from the episodic use of HCG as a complementary therapy to other weight loss therapies.
HCG also has many benefits for men and may be the reason that men do so well on the conventional HCG diet when compared to women. Because HCG looks similar to LH (at least to cellular receptors) it may sit on and activate LH receptors and lead to a normalization or natural boost to testosterone levels in men. HCG should also be considered an integral part of normal testosterone replacement therapy which should include bio-identical testosterone, HCG to retard testicular atrophy and an estrogen blocker.
For this reason, men tend to benefit greatly from the periodic use of HCG especially during weight loss.
It should be noted, though, that HCG should not be used in place of testosterone or for extended periods of time.
So who should consider doing HCG?
- Men or women who suffer from “stubborn” weight that is difficult to lose (especially fat in less common areas such as the upper arms, lower legs, etc.)
- People with a large proportion of their weight in the hips/thighs/butt area
- Those who desire appetite suppression or who need help in regulating their appetite due to other hormone imbalances such as leptin resistance
- Women with high baseline estrogen (estrogen dominance)
- Women with low baseline progesterone (even if estrogen is normal)
- Women who have 50+ pounds to lose or who have failed other weight loss medications
Potential positive benefits of using HCG:
- May help regulate sex hormone levels such as estrogen and progesterone – Some women have excess levels of sex hormones such as estrogen, progesterone and testosterone which can make weight loss difficult.
- May help regulate appetite suppression – Normalizing appetite levels is important when considering caloric consumption. Eating a sufficient amount is required for proper metabolism but some hormone disorders can cause excessive hunger and/or cravings for certain foods which may retard weight loss efforts.
- May help increase testosterone (especially in men) – HCG may stimulate and promote normal testosterone levels which can become dysregulated by other hormone imbalances such as insulin resistance.
- May support thyroid function – HCG has been shown to stimulate thyroid function in pregnant women and this effect may be part of the reason that HCG is effective as a dietary aid in some diets.
Potential side effects of using HCG:
Because HCG is a hormone it also may have negative side effects that can pop up based on dosing or the sensitivity of the individual.
- Water retention – Reversible and usually related to dosing
- Headaches – Often fade over time
- Irritability – Subsides over time
- Weight gain – Rare but can happen occasionally and if it does occur it is a reason to discontinue the hormone
HCG is usually very well tolerated and most people do not experience negative side effects. But some people may experience these side effects and it may be an indication that they are using too much. So, if you experience side effects they can usually be eliminated by simply reducing your dose.
If you’re interested in starting HCG, and have less than 10 lbs to lose, then you’d be perfect for my HCG Jump Start Program. But if your weight loss goals are greater than 10lbs, the 21 Day Program would be your ideal choice!