Kick Start Your Weight Loss Success
Use These Tips to Shed Pounds Easier
If you are looking to kick start a new weight loss routine or conquer a diet plateau; try Dr. Nirvana’s new two-week rapid weight-loss plan. By loading up on healthy food, like low-glycemic vegetables and small portions of protein, you can help curb your cravings and give your body a healthy start to the year. Plus, all of the meals can be prepped in advance, so you can drop pounds without spending a ton of time in the kitchen doing prep work.
What to Eat
Wake up: Start day with cup hot water and 1/2 lemon
Breakfast smoothie: Use this recipe.
Green tea: Preferably organic
Protein/Carbs: 1/2 cup of legumes or black wild rice
Fats: Good fats in moderation (e.g. olive oil and avocado)
Vegetables: Unlimited low-glycemic vegetables (see list). On this plan, you can eat all the low-glycemic veggies you want. Not only will they help you stay full, but they are key to helping burn fat. When you swap out starchy and sugary foods for low-glycemic vegetables, your body can burn through its glycogen storage and eventually start burning fat.
Snacks: Hummus, pickles, a couple handfuls of nuts
What Not to Eat
• No processed carbohydrates such as breads, desserts, pastas
• No artificial sweeteners (this includes all diet soda)
• No refined sugars
• No alcohol
• No caffeine (only green tea)
• No dairy
• No diet stimulant medications
• No meals between 8 p.m. to 8 a.m.
Other Things to Consider Implementing
While on the plan, make sure you do the following every day.
• Adding fiber to your smoothie in the morning. Fiber helps to bind toxins that attract fat.
• Take a multivitamin (preferably 1/2 at lunch and 1/2 at lunch). As you lose fat, you lose fat soluable vitamins. Taking a daily multivitamin will help keep your body balanced with the necessary vitamins your body needs to function optimally.
• Beginning adaptogenic herbs such as Ashwaganda in the morning. You can add it to your shake in powder form or via a capsule. Adaptogens are herbs that help to nourish your adrenals to help shed excess fat.
• Consider receiving a customized Vitamin Shot to help you stay motivated for weight loss with energy and keep you on track with meeting your weight loss goals. Vitamin shots can help you suppress your appetite, boost your hormones to keep you satiated and satisfied, and increase your endurance during exercise.
Drinking Broth Daily
Homemade vegetable broth is undoubtedly healthier than the ones available in grocery stores. Consuming vegetable broth everyday can improve your overall health and protect you from several health problems. Vegetable broth has amazing medicinal qualities and cleansing properties. These properties help you flush out harmful toxins wastes from the body. As the toxins in your system get flushed out and nutrients get in, you tend to feel light and energetic when you consume broth on a regular basis.The vital mineral and calcium from the vegetables help in building strong bones. It can avoid osteoporosis and bone fractures as well. The best part about vegetable broth is that it keeps you full and stable. This will help control your carvings for junk foods and thereby aiding in weight loss.
Other Weight Loss Options
If in the end you find yourself needing assistance with your weight loss goals, Dr. Nirvana does offer a variety of Weight Loss Programs targeted to fit your individual needs. If you are interested in beginning a customized approach, please contact the office to begin.