Detox Vegetable Broth for Weight Loss
- 3 quarts water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 cup squash, cut into large cubes
- 1 cup root vegetables (any of the following: turnips, parsnips, and rutabagas for sweetness). Turnips are preferred to help the liver eliminate toxins.
- 2 celery stalks
- 1/2 cup cabbage
- 4 1/2 fresh ginger slices
- 2 cloves of whole garlic
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup of chopped parsley (added after cooking prior to eating). Parsley is great for helping the kidney to remove toxins.
- 1/2 tsp cayenne to help sweat out the toxins (optional)
- sea salt (to taste)
Add all the ingredients at once and place on a low boil for approximately 60 minutes. It may take a little longer. Simply continue to boil to taste.
Cool, strain (throw out the cooked vegetables), and store in a large, tightly-sealed glass container in the fridge.
Heat gently and drink up to 3 to 4 cups a day. Yields 8 cups