Protecting Your Thyroid
The Most Essential Vitamin for Your Thyroid
Your Thyroid Releases Toxins
During the production of thyroid hormones (T4 & T3), a large amount of free radicals are normally produced as well. The free radicals are toxic and must be eliminated as soon as possible in order to prevent the negative effects if they’re accumulated.
Your MUST – Have Antioxidant
This is where my very most favorite antioxidant, widely known as the “mother of all antioxidants” aka Glutathione, comes in handy. When Glutathione is present in appropriate levels in your body, it’s able to address the free radiacal damage and solve it in a matter of minutes, preventing any negative effects from occurring. However, if your body is struggling with Glutathione deficiency, the free radicals will accumulate causing an imbalance in the thyroid and soon in your overall health as well.
But that is not all….If your immune system is, for any reason, compromised, it can cause an imbalance in the Th1/Th2 system, causing it to attack its very own healthy body tissues. This will ultimately result in autoimmune disease.
This might be the first time that you are hearing about the importance of Glutathione, but if you’re interested in keeping your thyroid gland (and your immunity) in the best shape ever, you’ll want to incorporate this into your lifestyle as if it’s your BFF!
I uses it for so many different areas of my Practice such as:
- Reducing the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease;
- Reducing oxidative stress & fighting against autoimmune diseases;
- Reducing the impact of uncontrolled diabetes type 1 and type 2;
- Reducing the oxidative damage in the brain of autistic children;
- It improves the insulin resistance in older individuals;
- Enhancing anti-aging properties.
Increasing Glutathione Naturally
Even though your body produces glutathione on it’s own, it’s usually not enough in cases of severe oxidation such as in adrenal fatigue, hormone imabalance, neurodegernative disease, and Hashimotos or general thyroid disease.
So what can you do on your own?
- Increase your vitamin C – Vitamin C IVs for example help to increase levels of glutathione found in your white and red blood cells. For my patients I add glutathione to the IVs for an extra powerful boost of antioxidants!
- Increase this Liver Herb – Milk thistle is a herbal supplement extracted from a plant called Silybum marianum. It contains three compounds, all of which are known for their strong antioxidant properties. But that is not all. Milk thistle is also known to increase the Glutathione levels in the body. So consider buying yourself a quality milk thistle supplement.
- Avoiding Alcohol – if you drink excessive amounts of alcohol on a regular level this exposes you to a decrease in Glutathione levels, especially in your lungs, by 80 to 90%. So take a break from the vino or try decreasing the amount of martinis.
Regaining Control of your Thyroid
Navigating your thyroid issues can be overwhelming. Whether you’re trying to determine the underlying cause, making sure you’re eating enough of the right foods, or eliminating factors that wreak havoc on your thyroid.
Call me first. I’m here to help you…
Reinvent your relationship to food and your body, so that you can live inspired, doing the things you love, without worrying about your health.
I’ve been helping people with complex cases, like yours, in my Practice for years, very successfully!
How? Well it doesn’t involve medications or a radical change in your lifestyle. It just requires your trust in yourself as well as a small amount of time.
My Regenerative Health Program™ allows you to do what you need to do naturally, to get better for good! Yes you read that right. This is because it’s all about balancing your body which include three fundamental areas. Your liver, your hormones, and your gut. That’s it.