Foods to Help Your Hair, Skin and Nails
Did you know that there are certain foods that are not only good for your health but help to beautify your skin and hair, specifically?
We know we need the right foods to make our insides work beautifully, and it seems there is a miraculous superfood with new health benefits in the news every day.
A healthy diet keeps our organs and muscles working like new. In addition to a healthy gut and immune system, the right foods can have cosmetic benefits as well. From glowing skin to an improved mood, the right foods can take our appearance to the next level. So throw out that new wrinkle cream and fill up your plate with some of these delicious antioxidant-packed foods to feed your hair, skin and nails!
Here’s a few facts about some deliciously healthy foods that do just that:
- Avocado is loaded with skin-healthy monounsaturated fats, enabling your body to efficiently absorb fat-soluble nutrients for skin health.
- Rich in vitamin C, lemon will help your body purge excess water weight and balance the sodium and potassium levels in your cells, so you can say goodbye to face bloat.
- Chia seeds are essential for healthy hair because they deliver omega-3 fatty acids and promote circulation to the hair follicle. Remember, healthy fat equals shiny hair, so you definitely want to add omega-3s (a very health fat) to your daily routine.
- Zinc is a vital mineral for wound healing, immunity, and nail growth, and sunflower seeds (or sunflower butter) come loaded with it. Sunflower butter also has concentrated essential minerals like calcium, manganese, zinc, magnesium, selenium, and copper to prevent dry and brittle nails.
- Broccoli sprouts are rich in vitamin K, potassium, manganese, and iron, as well as vitamin C—an antioxidant vital for collagen production, so if you can find them at your health food store, add them to your cart! Broccoli also contains folate, a powerful nutrient used in DNA repair, which will help with shiny locks in the long run.
Looking to beautify yourself naturally? Try one of my NATURAL IVs to bring back your GLOW, beautifully!